So I'm officially in "welcome winter" mode. Good thing too, since theres a storm brewing outside. I'm also in "YAY Christmas" mode....and I have been for the past year. Christmas can come early at any time of the year.
Anyhoo, today sucked not because of the weather, but because it was so utterly, fruitlessly, and unbearably unproductive. UGH. Usually, if I'm not doing something I HAVE TO do (i.e. school), I do something I WANT TO do (i.e. some form of happy procrastination...like reading Twilight. More on that later). Today, however, I did neither! I went to the library, typed up some data into Excel, tried to figure out how to approach a paper I have due, and then sat for 2 hours hating life because I had no coffee in me. Seriously, it was a struggle: should I leave my stuff and go get coffee, or should I just take it all with me, or should I just go home? I ended up walking to Starbucks in the rain (with all of my stuff), where I ordered the most yuppie-ish and delicious thing ever: a grande, no-foam, soy, extra-hot (i.e. scalding) caramel latte. Ha, the other day during my break at work, (this is a story tangent; will continue about my day after) the woman in front of me at Starbucks ordered something so yuppie-ish that the barista was like "whoa," and then I ordered the above drink, after which he was like, "today is so challeging, I like it."
Back to today. After Starbucks I decided to walk to Indigo to pass the time since I had to meet some friends and there wasn't enough time to walk all the way back to the library (and study). I was planning on doing some readings, but then I got distracted by the giant display devoted to TWILIGHT. Since I've recently developed an addiction to the books, I couldn't resist and started to read. Twilight, let me tell you, is so addictive. I used to make fun of a co-worker because she would read the books during her breaks. I now understand her obsession, and I complete regret making fun of her. The writing isn't particularly good, but the storyline is. It reels you in.
Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time to finish the book in one sitting (I would have, too, had I had a few more hours), because a couple of girls from work and I were getting together to watch GG. Made the trek to UO to pick up DV and meet RB, and then walked to DV's. Her apartment is the nicest. Seriously, an Audrey-themed, beautiful pad. So jeal. Anyway, we made nachos and drank cocktails and watched GG. A pleasant way to end a terrible day. And GG was sooooo good today!
Now I'm home, all snuggly (GREAT WORD) listening to Mariah Carey's Christmas album, i.e. THE Christmas album. So a good way to end the day. And tomorrow is DECEMBER!! My favourite month despite the hell that is school!
dimanche 30 novembre 2008
S'abonner à :
Publier des commentaires (Atom)
2 commentaires:
it's december 1st! 11 days til your birthday! i might have to throw a party in your honor, but it's a housewarming party in disguise..
your starbucks barista sounds like a darling. i want to encounter one like that, but i haven't ordered a yuppie drink in while. mostly b/c i don't trust them enough HAHA
so all in all, have u done more work today?
Mariah Carey Christmas album...I must borrow that.
Publier un commentaire