jeudi 27 novembre 2008

You know you love an author when...

...you LITERALLY GASP at the sight of one of their new books. Seriously, I actually gasped out loud in Indigo. I walked to the bookstore mecca between classes today to purchase a gift card for JT, the professor of my dreams. (He's presenting a talk entitled "Bee Brains and Pollen Grains" for EEBU's fall academic seminar this afternoon. I was in charge of getting him an honorarium). As I was slowly making my way to the cash desk, I quickly skimmed the titles on the "New Hot Non-Fiction" shelves. About half way down the bookcase I spotted the name Gladwell; and the info I gathered from the subsequent double-take caused my heart to skip a beat. MALCOLM GLADWELL HAS A NEW BOOK!!!! Click on the picture of the book for more info:Even though I didn't read the synopsis..or pretty much any of the text on the cover of the book other than the title and his name, and even though I have no money, I knew I had to have it needed it. So I bought it with the last remaining funds I had. From what I gather, its about success...? Whatever, I'm sure that it'll be one of my favourite books regardless of what its about. (Yes, I have THAT much faith in Gladwell). I unfortunately have to save reading it until after my last exam; so for now I will place it on a pedestal in my room so that I can glance up at it every time I feel the despair building in my chest during the continuously tedious study sessions that are going to be in abundance within the next few weeks. In the words of Charlie the Unicorn's friends, it will bring me "sweets and joy and joyness."

1 commentaire:

Miss Monique a dit...
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.